cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,006
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad P50: Windows 10: Sometimes screen freezes after laptop left idle for couple of minutes.

I've a new thinkpad P50 with windows 10. Sometimes, after leaving the laptop idle for a minute or so, the screen shows the last displayed application/image before leaving the laptop idle. There's no taskbar shown and any keys doesn't work. It's just shows a frozen screen and neither the touchpad nor any key board key work. I have to keep the power button pressed unill it's turned off completely and restart again. Following are the things I did to resolve the issue:

* Updated Bios. Updated all softwares.

* Checked the errors with HardDisk.

But the issue isn't fixed. Please provide suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,896
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad P50: Windows 10: Sometimes screen freezes after laptop left idle for couple of minutes.

It sounds like a device is ahving trouble going into a low-power state.  Look in the event log

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,850
Message 3 of 8

Re: Thinkpad P50: Windows 10: Sometimes screen freezes after laptop left idle for couple of minutes.

I tried to look into the log after it happended again. Here are the errors I got:

Error 1/9/2017 5:27:36 PM disk 154 None

The IO operation at logical block address 0x702c3970 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\0000003f) failed due to a hardware error.

Error 1/9/2017 2:51:32 PM DistributedCOM 10016 None

INWCloud
What's DOS?
Views: 1,805
Message 4 of 8

I am having the same issue, any resolve on this? Thanks!

augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,775
Message 5 of 8

Now that,I had faulty SSD and I've changed to new SSD and there's no hardware issue now. I expected the issue to be resolved, if incase the issue is related to hardware. But it's still the same. Instead of going to screen saver, it's freezing! Shoulld anyone have suggestions, please let me know.

augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,774
Message 6 of 8

Only error I see in the event log is related to Distributed COM. It's freezing instead of going to screen saver mode.
augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,746
Message 7 of 8

I've disabled Link State Power Management in PCI.  Also I've set the hard disk settings (turn off hard Disk to "NEVER"). Yet, no result. Can someone suggest?

augustya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,730
Message 8 of 8

Okay.. I uninstalled "Lenovo Companion", "Lenovo Settings". It stopped freezing!!! Not sure what's wrong with these two!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors