Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
endlessnameless
What's DOS?
Views: 159
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad P50 active window toggles and typos

Hello,

I recently received a new Thipad P50 laptop for work and worked on it several times without issue while connected to a power source. However, when relying on battery power only, I've been experiencing very unusual behavior which leads to many typos as keystrokes are not registering when typing.

What's happening is while typing, every few seconds I notice the active window appears to "toggle" and by this i mean that the translucent header above the address bar flashes and changes color slightly, similar to what happens when toggling between active windows. This occurs frequently while typing, and while it toggles, keystrokes simply do not register resulting in many typos. For example, in typing this message, it's taken me three times as long as it should because I have to re-type and correct typos. This is maddening! At first I thought it may relate to slightly resting my hand on ttouchpad or related keys that is resulting in this but can confirm this is not the case as I'm making a point to not rest my palms on the laptop and am still experiencing the issue.

I have not done too much experimenting trying to identify the source but I have noticed that I only seem to experience this issue while working from the laptop battery. I do not seem to experience the problem while connected to a power source. I've tried changing the power settings hoping this may help but to no avail. If i can't get this remedied, I will have to return the laptop. Of what use is this high performance laptop if I have issues sending written messages?

Any help provided would be greating appreciated. Thank you in advance for your response!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors