Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephb91
What's DOS?
Views: 122
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad P50 & P52 - Max height of M.2 SSDs

Hi All,

I've got about 20 P50s and P52s i'm looking to add M.2 SSDs to. The one I'm looking at is 6.1mm in height because it comes with a heatsink.

I've looked everywhere and I cannot find the max height for M.2 SSD's that will fit in either model, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 81
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P50 & P52 - Max height of M.2 SSDs

You would need to try it, and it depends on whether the extra room is needed above or below.  What I remember is that single-sided SSDs are 1.5mm and double-sided are normally 3mm

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
josephb91
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P50 & P52 - Max height of M.2 SSDs

Thanks for the reply.

On the P52, I can tell theres not much clearence with the back cover. I had my eyes on an ssd that came with an attached heatsink, that increased the height to 6.1mm. I'm almost certain that one is out of the question.

Most of the other ssds without heatsinks are around the 3mm mark, which I'm hoping won't have an issue.

On the P50s, I need to buy Lenovo M.2 SSD tray storage bay adapters to properly seat the ssds, so I'm unsure about the supported heights for those as well.

I guess I'll have buy one initially before I end up with 20 drives I can't even use.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors