Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sky_Boiler
Punch Card
Views: 282
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad P50 trackpad not working + Synaptics Driver cannot update

Hello everyone, 

My Thinkpad P50's trackpad and track point are not working. I tried updating the Synaptics Driver but every time I updated it, it failed. The system said cannot find the device, or recommended to install the driver again. After I reinstall the driver, the same thing happened. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks!!!

Pavilion
Punch Card
Views: 255
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad P50 trackpad not working + Synaptics Driver cannot update

did you try to see if there is any movement on the touchpad? even when you randomly keep moving it, I had a similar problem and contacted Lenovo via phone and they told me it's a hardware problem. but in your case, it could be a normal software issue. try to install an older driver.
Sky_Boiler
Punch Card
Views: 253
Message 3 of 5

Pavilion,

Thank you so much for your response! I tried the old driver but none of them worked. I just found that when I start the machine after the Lenovo red logo showed up, the BIOS told me P/S2 Mouse Not Detected. Please refer to the attachment. I think it probably be a hardware issue? I just removed the keyboard and check the hard connection between the keyboard and the MB. Looks good..BIOS.jpg

Pavilion
Punch Card
Views: 249
Message 4 of 5

Probably it's a hardware issue if you tried all the software solutions and none of them works It could be a hardware issue, and I think it's really common issue on Lenovo Thinkpad's mine was only one month old, and I was facing touchpad issues. It's terrible since these laptops are supposed to last a very long time. Try to order it from Lenovo or eBay since you are comfortable opening the keyboard and the touchpad.

Sky_Boiler
Punch Card
Views: 243
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your reply! I used to own an IBM Thinkpad R-60 and it runs forever. No such issue like the trackpad or any kind...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors