Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_e
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad P51 - UK Backlit Keyboard

Hello,

I have just purchased a P51 and it currently has a US keyboard. I'd like to change this to UK style, which I've found on the parts list.

My question is, does the P51 support backlit keyboard? If so, please could someone let me know the part number of UK Backlit Keyboard?

The model type is 20HH.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Matt

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 206
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P51 - UK Backlit Keyboard

Welcome to the Community

https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/p51_frubom_20171004.pdf
4 items with your demands

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

matt_e
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P51 - UK Backlit Keyboard

Thanks. I've bought 00PA317 and fitted it all ok, but pressing Fn + Space doesn't bring the backlight on. I've had a look in Lenovo Vantage and can't find any settings in there. Is there any utility or update that I need to be able to enable it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Even though the ribbons appeared to be connected properly, I decided to re-seat them again. Fired the laptop back up and we have light! All good :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors