cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keyun21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,597
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P51 max charge on docking station 95% why?

I'm on dual monitor with Lenovo Docking station where my Thinkpad P51 shows 95% charge and it says "Not Charging" - I thought it always charge when we dock it. Is there any power management setting i need to look into?

I checked on Lenovo Setting App and then click on Power where it shows 95% Charged. When i scroll further down i noticed that my threshold hoption is OFF so should i assume that 95% is Lenovo factory setting or it has to do with my WIndow 10?

Please advice. 

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 1,526
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P51 max charge on docking station 95% why?

I believe since windows knows it's docked it will not let it go above this as it should charge to 100% then drop to 95% and sit there. If the battery was at 100% all the time it would seriously shorten it's life. If you undock and just plug the stations adapter into your P51 it should say charging to test this. If it is a new battery it may not be calibrated yet as well.

Malcolm
I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
Keyun21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,488
Message 3 of 4

Thanks rvcjew,
I plug the stations adapter and it's now at the 99%, so yes, docking station will not go above 95% in my case as the threshold set to 95%.
Thank you for your direction.
oladslw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,474
Message 4 of 4

Yes, it's somewhere in the documentation that shipped with the p51 and i believe p71 has the same. the charge threshold was put in place to protect the life span of batteries of user's who will almost always be plugged into the mains for longer hours.

I think at 95% most of the power your pc is using would be from the mains .. it's clever but i'm not sure the design would work long term.

the screen is still **bleep**ty by the way

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors