Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boris_S1
Punch Card
Views: 1,539
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad P51s/T570 support for Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Does the Thinkpad P51s support the Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock?

I have the Thinkpad P51s with stock Windows 10 Pro and updated to latest drivers and Windows version and installed the latest Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock drivers. Attaching the Thunderbolt 3 Dock to the P51s as described in documentation, it charges the notebook, however, noting attached to the dock is recognized. I've tested with attaching USB flash drives, headphones, Ethernet, HDMI, and DP, but nothing is recognized nor are any warnings/errors displayed in Windows.

While the Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock is listed as being compatible with the P51s and T570, the notebook order page does not list the Thunderbolt 3 Dock in any of the accessories lists. Lenovo Sales also confirmed that the Thunderbolt 3 Dock is fully compatible with the P51s.  However, I needed to purchase the Thunderbolt 3 Dock separately from the notebook order. What's going on?

Has anybody successfully used the P51s or the T570 with the Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock?

Or is this something I need to wait for full support via a future BIOS/driver update?

Or perhaps my Thunderbolt 3 Dock is defective?

Thanks,

Boris

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors