cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoverS
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad P52 - Has Lenovo already fixed all the black screen problems caused from Bios setting?

Hello, I am writing to confirm: Has Lenovo already fixed all the black screen problems caused from Bios setting and Intel Management Engine?

My P52 will arrive soon, can I safely update all the recommended updates? Thank you.

pjg
802.11n
Views: 851
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad P52 - Has Lenovo already fixed all the black screen problems caused from Bios setting?

No.  I would strongly advise against updating the Intel ME Firmware. 

DoverS
Paper Tape
Views: 824
Message 3 of 6

Re: Thinkpad P52 - Has Lenovo already fixed all the black screen problems caused from Bios setting?

Thank you

DoverS
Paper Tape
Views: 755
Message 4 of 6

Can Lenovo come and give an offical answer?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 744
Message 5 of 6

There are not any known black screen problems today, and the ME firmware update is also safe.

There is an ongoing ME firmware problem but it only affects some systems where motherboard has been replaced previously.  It doesn't affect your new P52.

DoverS
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for your kind answer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors