Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue_Contact
Serial Port
Views: 517
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P53 - 4K on Intel® UHD Graphics 630

I want to ask the owners of the new TP53 with 4K screens if they noticed any choppy or sluggish performance with windows effects / or other performance issues while on the Intel® UHD Graphics 630

I ordered an FHD screen but still am thinking of upgrading to 4K if there are no performance issues

Thanks

ArgelErx
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P53 - 4K on Intel® UHD Graphics 630

LENOVO ThinkPad P53 20QN000AGE

All effects enabled, second display attached (currently running a movie in 3440x1440), using two Desktops, running a chat, several Explorer instances, Chrome, CPU at around 5W (so no real load): no choppyiness or slugish behaviour noticeable.

Blue_Contact
Serial Port
Views: 411
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it is running well. I still am waiting to recive mine.  Sadly there is no way for me to upgrade as this meant cancelling the order and putiing another one pushing the delivery time even further away. 

Once again, thank you very much

placebo92
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 4 of 4

20QNS00Y00

I've noticed choppy 4k video playback (on youtube specifically) when on battery power and running on integrated graphics. Changing power plan settings does nothing for it. I can force it to run on dGPU but it predictably kills the battery very quickly. iGPU does not ramp up past 45%, mostly hovers around 35% during playback. Really very annoyed by the whole thing to be honest. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors