cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjorng
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad P53 lags in docking when the lid is closed.

Connected to Thunderbolt 3, using 2 external monitors at 2560x1440.

If i close the lid on the P53, the external screens are lagging a lot. We are talking similarities to Windows 95 here.

Is there a hidden throttling setting or some thing else that can give me normal processing power with lid closed?

/bjorng

jnuz777
What's DOS?
Views: 137
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad P53 lags in docking when the lid is closed.

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem. I found a 2012 thread that also had this problem. I tried changing my power settings, I set everything to do nothing for when I close the lid, and I've updated the Nvidia drivers thinking it was a driver issue. However it appears my entire laptop slows down when on the dock and the lid is closed. 

PS it is not a heating issue since it happens instantaneously when the lid is closed. there is a 3-7 second delay as the screens go through a resolution update and then the entire laptop acts as if it was a Pentium 133Mhz.

I have a P53 20QN Model.
I7 2.6GHz, 16Gb Ram, T1000 Video card

(UPDATE)

I fixed the problem by going into my BIOS and turning off the Discrete graphics option in the BIOS. I believe that when you close the lid the graphics card is automatically turned off and the graphics are then set to be handled by the CPU. Hope this helps and I hope there is an patch at some point. I would like to have the discrete graphics option enabled in the future.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors