Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drakuola
Paper Tape
Views: 1,782
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad P70 Bios reset

Hello Every Body 

I have Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation , And it's amazing Machine to work with it .

But i need Help to rest Bios chip , Because i made a supervisor passeord and i can not remeber it , so if any one have any way to remove or reset the supervisor password , because th lenovo Thechnical support said that i have to change the systemboard to solve this problem .

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,696
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad P70 Bios reset

What they told you is correct.  There is no way to remove the supervisor password without remembering it.  There is no "backdoor" password.  Discussuions of bypassing security are not allowed.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
drakuola
Paper Tape
Views: 1,682
Message 3 of 5

What about reprograming the bios chip using EPROM ?

practical
802.11n
Views: 1,680
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a satisfying answer, although apparently, you can get this problem resolved.  This is from Page 40 of the P70 Hardware Maintenance Manual:

"Supervisor password

A supervisor password protects the system information stored in the ThinkPad Setup. The user must enter the supervisor password in order to get access to the ThinkPad Setup and change the system configuration.

Attention: If the supervisor password has been forgotten and cannot be made available to the service

technician, there is no service procedure to reset the password. The system board must be replaced for

a scheduled fee."

Community SuperMod
Views: 1,673
Message 5 of 5

@drakuola...

All of the info allowable by the community rules has been provided to you.

Before this thread strays further into forbidden territory, I'm locking it.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors