Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MicBuc
What's DOS?
Views: 391
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad P70 - display will not turn on after being shurned off

Hi

I just bought a Thinkpad P70 with a 4K panel and have a rather annoying issue. If my Power Options are set to Turn the display off after i.e 10 minuttes, the display is obviously turned off after 10 minuttes. When I touch the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the display lights up a bit but nothing is displayed on the screen. The only way I can get the display up and running again is to press and hold the power button so the machine goes to sleep. I can then press the power button again and my login screen is displayed and everything works as expected. btw. I am runing Windows 10 x64 and the graphics drivers are the latest from Lenovo´s site. I am suspecting that the Intel HD P530 driver is to blame.

Has anyone seen this issue and have a good idea on how to fix it?

mgbirder
Fanfold Paper
Views: 330
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P70 - display will not turn on after being shurned off

I also have that issue, but for me it is somehow related to the HDMI output, after turning the laptop screen off I only get video by disconnecting and reconnecting the hdmi cable of my external display. The same thing happens when I connect the monitir over HDMI on a USB3 docking station. The strange thing is, that according to my understandig the Quadro Card controlls HDMI, not the Integrated Graphics.             

SeniorGuru
Views: 318
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad P70 - display will not turn on after being shurned off

@MicBuc wrote:

Hi

I just bought a Thinkpad P70 with a 4K panel and have a rather annoying issue. If my Power Options are set to Turn the display off after i.e 10 minuttes, the display is obviously turned off after 10 minuttes. When I touch the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the display lights up a bit but nothing is displayed on the screen. The only way I can get the display up and running again is to press and hold the power button so the machine goes to sleep. I can then press the power button again and my login screen is displayed and everything works as expected. btw. I am runing Windows 10 x64 and the graphics drivers are the latest from Lenovo´s site. I am suspecting that the Intel HD P530 driver is to blame.

Has anyone seen this issue and have a good idea on how to fix it?

Are you running on portable on battery or plugged-in to wall power?

Do you have nVidia graphics as well (I would think so if you have a 4K panel)?  If so, are you running "hybrid graphics" (with Intel controlling the laptop screen)? Have you tried "discrete graphics" to see if that makes any difference?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors