cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iclmwillard
Paper Tape
Views: 170
Message 11 of 12

Re: Thinkpad P70 locking up at the logon screen.

I wanted to circle back around on this topic in case anyone else encountered a similar issue. I added back in the fingerprint device and used it for logon since last Sunday. I have rebooted, hibernated, sleep, shutdown (the works) more than 150 times and have not had a single issue at all. So at least my problem appears to be solved.

Now here is the conclusion I have drawn based upon the "trial and error" methods I used. I believe if you update your bios that it is imporant to erase the fingerprint data in windows, and then to clear it inside of the bios. Then reset it all up and it will be as good as new. I can't say that will fix it 100% of the time, but based upon my methods that is the strongest conclusion I can draw.

Thanks for your help everyone! I really appreciate it.

Mike

NinjaBird
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 12 of 12

Re: Thinkpad P70 locking up at the logon screen.

I have the same problem with similar spec'd thinkpad.... Something I've found out is if you put in a wrong fingerprint (I usually just use the tip of my finger instead of laying on the scanner horizontally) then it'll change the fingerprint picture that shows up on login to the red one and I can usually login after that with my fingerprint.  Works most of the time actually.... still annoying but it beats typing in your password...

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors