Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeezus84
Paper Tape
Views: 521
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Ultra Dock 40A8 crashing and restarting often problem

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad Ultra usb 3.0 dock (40A8) with two 1080p monitors (HDMI + DisplayPort). Using the display on the laptop as my third monitor. I have my USB mouse and keyboard plugged into the dock as well as headphones and gigabit ethernet. I also have a second gigabit ethernet dongle plugged into one of the usb ports on the dock. The dock is paired to my Thinkpad P52 workstation.

My issue is that while I'm working my display will freeze (mouse, keyboard still responsive on laptop monitor). Then I'll hear the USB disconnect sound, my screens will go black, then they'll come back a few seconds later as if everything is normal. My network connection drops momentarily as well.

At first this was just annoying but I've recently moved over to a soft phone and now this causes big problems. When the dock 'restarts' I lose my audio connection to the phone and the brief network connection drop causes my call to drop.

I've tried all the basic stuff such as updating the DisplayLink drivers to the latest, turning off USB selective suspend in power settings, using a different usb port.

Is this problem specific to my dock or is anybody else experiencing this issue?

JBird20
What's DOS?
Views: 228
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Ultra Dock 40A8 crashing and restarting often problem

I have the exact same issue. Two external monitors and using my laptop monitor as the third. It has started happening more frequently in the last month.

Mikeus
What's DOS?
Views: 177
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. My configuration is almost identical: P52 workstation, two 1080p monitors (HDMI + DisplayPort). Using the display on the laptop as my third monitor. I have my USB mouse and keyboard plugged into the dock as well as headphones and gigabit ethernet. My mouse and keyboard also freeze together with the displays.

JBird20
What's DOS?
Views: 129
Message 4 of 4

All of my externals freeze as well (mouse and keyboard), right before it resets itself. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors