Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralondo
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad W510 Palmrest replacement

The palmrest of my W510 has some cracks and the trackpad and it's mouse buttons seem defective, so I want to replace the palmrest, including the trackpad.

Currently I have a palmrest with the fingerprint reader. Some questions:

- the T510 and W510 use the same palmrests, is that right?

- can I replace my palmrest with a model without fingerprint reader?

- what palmrest of other Thinkpad models are also compatible? T4xx, T520, W520, what ever?

- what do I have to take care of to get a compatible palmrest, is there some kind of compatibility matrix? For example, does it matter if the replacement has a color calibration scanner or not? (mine has not)

Thank you very much for your help!

Roland

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 246
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad W510 Palmrest replacement

the T510 and W510 use the same palmrests, is that right?

YES

- can I replace my palmrest with a model without fingerprint reader?

Yes

- what palmrest of other Thinkpad models are also compatible? T4xx, T520, W520, what ever?

None

- what do I have to take care of to get a compatible palmrest, is there some kind of compatibility matrix? For example, does it matter if the replacement has a color calibration scanner or not? (mine has not)

Any T510/W510 palmrest will work

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ralondo
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 3 of 4

OK, first of all, thank you for the infos! Already helped me a lot.

Meanwhile I found that page:

https://support.lenovo.com/de/de/solutions/migr-74345

On that page, there are some palmrest described. I'm mainly interested to get FRU 60Y5504 or FRU 75Y4564. The later one is the one currently installed. But what is the difference between these two? 

When you say "Any T510/W510 palmrest will do", then any palmrest on that page should work, right?

I don't mind if it has CS or not, FPR or not and I don't use the Smartcard-Reader either.

The reason why I'm asking (again) is that it is not so easy to get any palmrests as replacements here in germany, so the more types are valid, the bigger the chance to get one.

Thanks!

Roland

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 241
Message 4 of 4

The different numbers with the same description are different suppliers of equivalent parts.  That shouldn't matter to you.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors