Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
htfan123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,744
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad W530 Touchpad freezes

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad W530, i7-3820QM CPU @2.70GHz, RAM 16.0GB, 64-bit.

I installed Windows 10 and for most part I didn't have any issues

However, over the last weeks I have been having issues with my Touchpad.  It basically freezes, in many cases if I am inputing something and I press enter, it stops responding.  Trackpoint works but Touchpad is just unresponsive.  Then in 10/15 seconds is back working.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I have all the drivers/updates installed.

Thanks!!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,714
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad W530 Touchpad freezes

Hello and welcome,

I don't have a similar setup to examine but this sounds like it might be an extreme palmcheck setting.

Can't tell you where to find it but hopefully another member will chime in.  My WAG would be mouse properties somewhere.

Sorry I can't give you a direct answer,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

htfan123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,697
Message 3 of 7

Thank you! Hopefully someone knows how to solve this.  

iookpareke
What's DOS?
Views: 1,663
Message 4 of 7

Hello all, I need a solution to this. Exact laptop W530 and the same thing happens. this is not a palm block issue as it happens mid scrolling also.

pronovo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,553
Message 5 of 7

Same thing happening with me... crazy annoying. To get Touchpad to work again, you must not touch it for approximately 5 seconds. Happens at a fairly high frequency, at least 1/15minutes.

Highlighted
pronovo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,552
Message 6 of 7

To note:

I had this issue before upgrading to Win 10. 

pronovo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,524
Message 7 of 7

This may solve it: 

There's a setting called "Prioritize for Trackpoint..." in PalmCheck of Touchpad settings. I haven't had the problem since I unchecked it.

Prioritize for Trackpoint.PNG 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors