Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj916001
Paper Tape
Views: 1,956
Message 1 of 10

Thinkpad W530 Yellow (Rear) USB port stopped working

I have had my W530 for about 3 month and the rear yellow USB port just stopped working a few days ago. I have recovered the whole system to factory status and updated the BIOS but the USB port is still not working. I tried several devices, it seems like that the USB has no power at all. The LED on the flash drives do not come on when I plug it in. All the other USB ports are working. Has anyone encountered the same problem before? Any help is appreciated.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,911
Message 2 of 10

Re: Thinkpad W530 Yellow (Rear) USB port stopped working

Sounds like a support call, unfortunately, is in your future.

dj916001
Paper Tape
Views: 1,891
Message 3 of 10

I called the technical support, they told me it might be a hardware problem. And they said they are going to ship me a box and let me mail the machine back to them. I do not know if their repairing service is good or not. I expect to use this laptop for a long time, and do not want to have it opened and become unstable in the future. 

dj916001
Paper Tape
Views: 1,824
Message 4 of 10

Sent my computer in to repair, they said their is a "customer corrosion" damage on the usb port. I only had the computer for three month and I protected it like my child. I never spilled any water or chemical liquid on the computer. And more rediculously, they charge me +$900 dollars to get it repaired. You know what, lenove, you just lost another loyal customer. I will avoid lenovo in the future at all cost. LENOVO SUCKS!

ttttrigg3r
Paper Tape
Views: 1,790
Message 5 of 10

My yellow port stopped working too.  Lenovo please look into this.  This is the second major thing that's happened and I've only had my laptop for a few months. I don't want to send my laptop in for 4 weeks to get it fixed like I just did a month ago.

cicorias
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,661
Message 6 of 10

Ditto - just stopped working.  this is a well maintained machine.  friggin crap.

jedisurfer1
Punch Card
Views: 1,623
Message 7 of 10

I'd had it stop working after sleep state resume. I just put it to sleep again and resume and for some odd reason it worked for me. Weird
Sunsyl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,453
Message 8 of 10

Hi all,

The yellow USB port of my W530 stopped working suddenly today. It can charge but cant recognize any devices. The other devices work well. I have tried many ways like updating the bios, setting the bios to defaults... still not working.

seems that its a big issue 

Any ideas? Thank you!

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Link to this thread removed.

6000miles
What's DOS?
Views: 1,202
Message 9 of 10

Same issue here, started to get a notification "USB device not recognized" in the lower right of the screen that came popping up every few seconds. machnine seemed to try to connect and "unknown USB device' constantly which was annoying and drained the battery fast, I disconnected the "unknown USB device" which turned out to be the rear USB port, it still gets power but otherwise does not work after disconnecting (obviously). Very annoying.

Mcclujdd
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 10 of 10

This is my exact situation. Sleep seems to toggle the functionality of the port.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors