Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Optimum
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad W541 Slowing Down

I've owned a W541 for about 22 months now, and I do have several videogames installed on it. Within the past week, it has started to become sluggish. It seems that if I have more than one task open at a time (Chrome + Firefox or Chrome + Game) it's performance starts to halt. The following day (don't shut down laptop, I just close it), it eventually gets to the point that switching between tabs or even closing out of a window take 15 seconds to resolve. However, I can still play back video and browse content fairly well once they're done loading, it's just switching, ending, or starting them that's awful. Disk use also jumps to 100%, but it's just the "System" process running at ~1.5 mb/s. I've scanned my laptop with LSC and it reports that everything is in working order and there's nothing to worry about. Restarting my laptop returns it to normal, but it's back to being sluggish the next day.

Anyway to remediate this?

Solidus_Snake
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad W541 Slowing Down

Have you run any spyware removal? If no, then you should do it first.  If there is no malware found, then try to use some cleaning apps such as Glary Utilities or Ccleaner to maintain your device. You could also try to kill any unncessarry app on the background and you might run too many apps and that is why you laptop slowing down.

Admin note; unnecessary link removed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors