Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HR17
Not applicable
Views: 134
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad W550s SSD hard drive issue - Error 2100 can't see drive

Hello. I have a Thinkpad W550S running windows 10 and outside of warranty that started crashing , basically the screen freezes and after a while the system reboots showing that it can't see the SSD hard drive which happen to be an Adata SSD drive. The error that I get is "2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)   Press Esc to continue:..  I tried rebooting, restarting, taking the battery out, taking the hard-drive out and bascially did everything and standing on my head, and somehow, was able to get it to come back up and boot windows.  when in windows, I ran the Lenovo Vantage app and ran the diagnostics.. I ran the full test and in the middle of the hard drive test, it crashed the system so I rebooted the system, and ran Vantage again and this time I only ran the list of hard drive tests and the results showed every test passes including all the SMART tests and it failed the "Full Disk Scan Test" and gave the result code: WHD0440V00400-WO7AED.  See attached photos.  Now I'm wondering what that means? Any help and/or suggestion is much apprecaited.

error code 2.jpgerro code.jpg

Hooman

MarkVin_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 58
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad W550s SSD hard drive issue - Error 2100 can't see drive

Hi HR17!

Welcome to the community forums.

It shows that the hard drive scan test failed on your laptop. We highly suggest you to get in touch with our Think Support Team and request for a repair. You may reach them with the contact details below.

Phone#: 800-426-7378
24 hours/day 7 days/week

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors