SCSI Port
Views: 593
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad p40 yoga screen hell

P40

Screen just flashes when its on it gets worse as the months go on

Just got done dealing with a p70 for 8+months that couldn't get fixed

now im dealing with a p40 that dose this

I've updated everything and reverted back to previous drivers and nothing changes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HkyIbNDYieeUVIbWFVMVFLSDQ/view?usp=sharing

seems like every product I get from the lenovo thinkpad line just wants to fall apart or stop working

Ellisianda
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad p40 yoga screen hell

Have the exact same problem with my p40 Yoga. Been almost 3 months like this. I think I have narrowed it down to a heat issue.

thumper1987
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 3 of 7

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It has been getting progressively worse on mine...doesn't seem to be heat related in my case, as it will start doing it right after coming out of a sleep state.

I have been dreading calling Lenovo to get it serviced, but it is getting to the point where I cannot even use it.  One time the screen went black and stayed black, which is not the norm-usually just flashes on and off and re-centers the mouse cursor afterwards.

Anyone had luck getting their P40 serviced? I've resorted to using my x230 for now...

thumper1987
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 4 of 7

Just got my P40 Yoga back from service...quick turn around time, although the problem is worse than ever. As soon as I powered up, the screen started flashing on and off like crazy.

Called customer support--told me to call another number to find out what was replaced, and I am now on hold for eternity....Ugggghhhhhhh.....Smiley Mad

Ellisianda
Paper Tape
Views: 418
Message 5 of 7

Sorry to hear that! My screen has now completely crapped out. It's now just a bunch of gray and black lines. The computer is completely unusable. Tech support sent me out a box to send it in for service. Fingers crossed...

Ellisianda
Paper Tape
Views: 415
Message 6 of 7

Sorry to hear that! My screen has now completely crapped out It's now just a bunch of gray and black lines. The computer is completely unusable. Tech support sent me out a box to send it in for service. Fingers crossed...

thumper1987
Paper Tape
Views: 396
Message 7 of 7

My laptop has now been through service twice, and looks like I will need to send it in again...issue is still present. I am impressed with the ease of shipping the laptop in (prepaid ups next day air), but the repair service has been lackluster.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors