cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikebp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 891
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad workstation dock 40A50230US does not pass video out to monitors when awaking from sleep.

Thinkpad P51 with dual (DVI and HDMI) monitors connected to Dock.  P51 wakes fine and one monitor (DVI) sees signal (awakes from sleep mode), the other sees no signal.  Regardless no video information is sent to either monitor - the DVI monitor is awake but black screen - the HDMI remains asleep.

Removing and reinserting connectors has no impact.

Cycling P51 into and out of sleep mode makes no difference.

Removing P51 from dock and all functions correctly.

USB (dongle) mouse and keyboard functions also loses functionality when P51 is docked.  They awaken the P51 but do not function correctly. removal of Laptop from dock and they function fine along with local monitor.  Re-install into dock and mouse/keyboard are inoperable.

Only a hard shutdown and reboot via the dock switch (laptop remaining docked) returns the system to correct function.  All is normal and functioning.  Both monitors are immediately recognized, USB mouse & keyboard fully functional.

When plugged in: Monitors set to sleep in 10 and PC in 30mins.  Short sleep (50-90mins) and system awakens correctly - overnight sleep (8-10hrs) and this happens every time.  

Latest Dock FW/drivers is installed.   System and dock brand new - just arrived last week.

AstraIT
What's DOS?
Views: 588
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad workstation dock 40A50230US does not pass video out to monitors when awaking from sleep

We have dozens of engineers doing work on this configuration experiencing a similar issue.  USB devices work ok as far as I can tell, but the display is not coming on after resuming from sleep.  Only easy workaround we've found is re-seating the video cable in the back of the dock and the display comes on.

mikebp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 573
Message 3 of 6

Re: Thinkpad workstation dock 40A50230US does not pass video out to monitors when awaking from sleep

As noted I've had reliable operation by waking the system using the Dock button - it can take up to 5 seconds.  When waking by mouse or keyboard Monitor out is unreliable/intermittent and I must remove and reseat the laptop from the dock.   Have not tried any of the (two) monitor cables.

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 537
Message 4 of 6

I have my P51 connected to a monitor though dP. Coming out of power saving it did not always "wake up".
I thought solved this by applying the latest NVIDIA drivers. I am currently at 397.77, but for full stability I went to BIOS and set it to "discrete graphics only". After that I never faced an issue.
Highlighted
ethansmith
What's DOS?
Views: 411
Message 5 of 6

On latest Drivers, and Discrete mode too, still facing issue.

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 401
Message 6 of 6

Sorry to hear that..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors