cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcvander
Paper Tape
Views: 106
Message 1 of 1

Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock - Stuck/Hung on Lenovo Logo after March 2019 Updates

Hi guys,

This morning System Update ran and installed a bunch of the newest March 2019 updates. The big one was the Intel Management Engine. After rebooting, when my Thunderbolt 3 Dock is plugged into my Lenovo P52 it freezes on the POST screen with the Lenovo logo. If i unplug the dock it boots fine, plug the dock in after the OS is booted, things work fine. Its just during the POST during secure boot.

I tried reflashing the Thunderbolt firmware to the 11/2018 to no avail, reflashed the dock with version 3.x of the firmware (latest) no difference, downgraded the firmware on the dock, changed the boot support methods for thunderbolt, so on and so forth. 

Its strange it doesn't get past the logo screen it just sits. Is there another version of the Thunderbolt firmware i should be using besides the November 2018? I really would not like to peel back all the different updates that it updated

Capture.PNG

Anybody got any ideas? Is there a way to find what the cause is? Honestly i can unplug the dock when i reboot and plug it back in within a second after the POST screen and things work as normal. Its just a pain.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors