Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-25-2016

Slovenia

16 Signins

161 Page Views

• Views: 161
  • Message 1 of 2

Typing inside search box not working after update

2017-05-18, 19:08 PM

Hi all,

I have P50 thinkpad with Win10 professional and I have a strange problem that started yesterday after installation of
few updates done through Lenovo System Update. Before that installation everything worked fine.

Problem is that typing anything in the search box doesn't work, meaning letters do not appear. It happens in the Start menu search box and also inside Settings search box.

Keyboard itself is not the problem since it works fine in other applications, also in Control Panel or  Windows explorer search box. I've tried virtual keyboard and that also doesn't work.

If I paste text (Ctrl + V doesn't work, but right click and Paste does) into the search box, search will find the item, so search itself is OK, just that I cannot input any text to it.

Out of these installed updates, to me looks like ThinkPad HotKey Features Integration Package might be the cause. Can you help me with some advice on how to fix this?

Note that I've tried restarting computer, reindexing, restarting Explorer, Cotrana and Serch service, but to no help.
I've also created new user account and tried from there but with same result.
I don't have a System Restore point so I can't do a recovery.

Here are list of installed updates.

And here is the video:

Options

5 Posts

04-25-2016

Slovenia

16 Signins

161 Page Views

• Views: 161
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Typing inside search box not working after update

2017-06-13, 19:47 PM

Just to let others know of a solution if something like this happens, solution was to start ctfmon.exe, best add it to auto run list.

Regards,

Igor

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms