Options

4 Posts

01-07-2020

DK

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 4

USB Ports Dead after undock and redock P53 in Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock after BIOS update

2020-01-23, 8:46 AM

After the latest (almost mandatory according to alert) BIOS update of my P53 I cannot undock and redock without rebooting. The dock is recognized but the USB ports do not work after redock - the display does. It is the same on two different docks with newest and second newest dock firmware.

First Lenvo support would not help at all - said it was a software problem - and now they after me complaining want to take the machine in for repair. I doubt it is a hardware problem but just a side effect after updating the BIOS.

If I boot docked - everything works. If I boot undocked and dock one time - everything works. If I undock and redock - the docking ports do not work.

Anybody else with same problem and a solution?

No way to get "real" qualified help from Lenovo on such an issue. It takes forever to reinstall and setup all software and tools on a workstation and just re-formatting and re-installing Windows (advice from support) with is not way to solve a problem induced by Lenovo in my mind. It is an expensive computer and expensive docking stations - but apparently no real support.

Options

0 Posts

01-26-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: USB Ports Dead after undock and redock P53 in Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock after BIOS update

2020-01-26, 9:40 AM

Same issue here! started a few days ago

lenovo t480 with thurderbolt 3 dock

screens work, usb doesnt work

this happens each time i remove the computer from the dock

restart of the computer resolves the isse

Options

4 Posts

01-07-2020

DK

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: USB Ports Dead after undock and redock P53 in Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock after BIOS update

2020-02-09, 14:18 PM
If you disable Intel VT-d Feature in BIOS, it might start to work - mine did - almost

2020-02-12, 19:47 PM

We have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save