Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cryptoknight
What's DOS?
Views: 1,396
Message 1 of 5

USB Recovery Creator Login Failure

P50 running Windows 10 Pro insider preview build 14986:

I want to do a clean re-install from recovery media created by the "USB Recovery Creator" tool. I successfully order the Windows recovery media from the Lenovo Recovery Webpage but when I execute the creator tool and submit my credentials, a busy gif displays for a few seconds then ends without moving on to the next tab. No error is displayed. No event is logged by Windows. Lenovo support so far has been unable to determine the problem. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,359
Message 2 of 5

Re: USB Recovery Creator Login Failure

Hello,

My first thought is that the program just may not work under Windows Insider Preview build that you're on.  Try exiting the WIP program to get back on a mainstream supported build of Windows and then re-run the USB Recovery Creator tool.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP72 (20MB-*)P50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

osnikniess
Paper Tape
Views: 943
Message 3 of 5

I am trying to use the "Lenovo USB Recovery Creator" tool but in the attempt to login with my credentials, the error persists: "Communication with the Lenovo support site has been interrupted."

Note: I have tried two different computers, one with Windows 7 and one with Windows 10, without success.

Suggestions?

Diaghilev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 926
Message 4 of 5

Same problem. The worst thing that I have only one try for this recovery - due to Lenovo policy. And it expires in 72 hours.

What should I do? It is the complete disaster!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 923
Message 5 of 5

Hello all,

There is a thread on this topic in the Support Site Feedback forum - which is where this coversation should probably go.  Please join that thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Feedback-on-the-support-site/Cannot-log-on-during-recovery-disk-creatio...

I've run into the same issue myself today.  I hope - but don't know for a fact - that the "one time only" won't be invoked until after the login is successful.

I'm locking this thread so the conversation doesn't splinter further.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors