Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgkaroley
Serial Port
Views: 335
Message 1 of 2

Unable to load bluetooth device driver to do file xfr

On W500 and T61P attempt to connect a Samsung SGH T809 phone using bluetooth. Device is seen at both PC and phone using bluetooth. Win 7 OS. When it connects it loads the Modem, and other device drivers but fails to load one of the peripheral device drivers. Windows Update fails to find missing driver. Help says incompatible with level of Operating System.
Went to Lenovo site and downloaded latest bluetooth drivers. All but one of them load. Not able to do any file transfers from the phone although did send an image file (jpeg) to the phone. Could not find it after it was sent. Seems to be a PC and not a phone problem. What gives?

Highlighted
atraveler
Punch Card
Views: 306
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to load bluetooth device driver to do file xfr

I'm having the same problem on my W500 running Win 7 Pro/64-bit..  I have also updated the drivers per the Lenovo  support site.   My PC recognizes my Apple iphone 5 have successfully paired them, but we have the dreaded yellow exclamation flag reflecting the fact that there are no drivers for file transfer (shows also in Device Manager).  Able to play music from iphone to PC, but not able to transfer files.

This also happens when I attempt to pair with another bluetooth equipped PC, so obviously the problem is not with the phone.  Trouble shooter shows "The driver for VOB instantDrive Controller is not installed"

Any suggesstions?  Is this simply an unsupported feature?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors