Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nmabakhsh
SCSI Port
Views: 1,980
Message 1 of 3

W500 Help! Safe to upgrade? How? Vista 32bit upgrade to windows7 64bit. Please!

I got windows 7 professional 64 bit from microsoft. I have a w500 running vista business 32bit on 4gb ram. If i upgrade to windows 7 64bit - will all my drivers get installed through system update and work perfectly yet?

or should I wait a couple months and then upgrade?

More importantly, I have no clue what the best practice to upgrade from 32vista to 7-64bit is. My disk 0 (info from computer disk  management) w500 has three partitions (c drive, lenovo q drive - for factory software partition, and a 1.46gb servicev003 S: ) and a disk 1 with 1.37GB (maybe the intel turbo boost memory? ).

How do I do a clean install without losing these drives? Don't mind losing the c drive data as that is backed up, but the rest?!

I found lots of hits and lots of responses on the forums and throughout the internet, and have spent more than 5 hours looking around for instructions. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some instructions to walk through this please?

nmabakhsh
SCSI Port
Views: 1,934
Message 2 of 3

Re: W500 Help! Safe to upgrade? How? Vista 32bit upgrade to windows7 64bit. Please!

anybody have any advice or helpful links that don't span tens of pages? There has to be a one page updated, modified/edited link that has a useful set of precautions and advice/guidance?

watermanhkhk
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,871
Message 3 of 3

Re: W500 Help! Safe to upgrade? How? Vista 32bit upgrade to windows7 64bit. Please!

Back up all your important file to external hdd

boot the computer with your Win7 disk

Click Custom install

delete all drive if you think you will not use Vista anmy more

install win 7

go to lenovo.com and download system update 4.0

then update the driver by using system update

DONE

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors