cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgriffit
What's DOS?
Views: 877
Message 1 of 2

W500 failing to start ATI Catalys control center (CCC)

I have a W500 with an ATI Mobility FireGL V5700 in it.  I had a problem where my external monitor was just blank.  I fount that there was a new ATI driver available from Lenovo which fixes a problem with a blank external monitor. I downloaded and installed it after removing the exitsing ATI driver and the Catalyst Control Center software.  Now whenever I restart my thinkpad, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.implementation, Version=2.0.3713.40523, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70f846762e' ...... (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

If I try to start the CCC itself, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.implementation, Version=2.0.3713.40381, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70f846762e' ...... (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I've searched the net and this forum for solutions, and have found and tried some of them.  Basically they are stating to uninstall the ATI driver and CCC code again, cleanup any residual ATI files, re-install the Microsoft .Net 2.0 code and re-install the ATI driver and CCC code again.  I think I am getting all the residual files, but can't really be sure since there is no comprehensive list.

I've done this several times to no avail.  Still get same errors above although my blank external monitor seems to be fixed.

So any other suggestions?

I have WinXP SP3 installed.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 799
Message 2 of 2

Re: W500 failing to start ATI Catalys control center (CCC)

Make sure you have high performance graphics enabled via Lenovo power manager and in BIOS. If you're only using the Intel chip you will get a blank external monitor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors