Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GixerKat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,171
Message 1 of 4

W510 GOBI 2000 issues

I'm ready to throw this thing back to Lenovo.  I have the GOBI broadband card installed, installed the latest drivers, installed the bootup upgrade, have the latest BIOS, replaced the GOBI with a new one and the same thing keeps happening.  My GOBI keeps cycling offline every couple of seconds.  I can watch the device manager and it keeps refreshing first showing the GOBI and then it's gone.  The radio button recycles also.  It first shows it as off, then disabled, then it diappears then comes back as off then disabled so on and so forth.  Nothing seems to help and I'm fed up with this thing.  I have to have the broadband option however, I now have to go back to my old Dell to work with as I cannot figure this one out.

Windows 7 64 bit, 8gig of RAM, I7 core processor, 300gig SATA HD

GixerKat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 2 of 4

Re: W510 GOBI 2000 issues

This thing is getting worse.  I can't even work with the device manager as it keeps refreshing every time that the GOBI goes online and offline.  What a piece of junk.  This thing is going back as soon as I get back from travel!!!!

stasik
Punch Card
Views: 1,067
Message 3 of 4

I have a same situation for a 3 month and after replace card thinking to going to service to replace machine.

but now it works and i think that it power off when it lost connection. try to go to another place and test it.

and do you also have run a "ThinkPad Wireless WAN (UNDP) - Boot Code Update Utility"  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-76520

Stas

foxlavolpe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,032
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Did you try check the power setting ?

I know if your power manager setting is on save battery , it disable all hardware that is not important.

check of it !

bye

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors