Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anderso
What's DOS?
Views: 935
Message 1 of 2

W510 Gobi bluescreen

Hi.

I have an issue on several w510's with bluescreen caused by the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 driver/card. I'm running W7 x64

I have read the other post here about this, but nothing outlined in those posts resolved the problem for me.

I have opened a supportcase with Lenovo in Norway, but they couldn't help.

Can someone here help me out?

Anders

Guru
Views: 916
Message 2 of 2

Re: W510 Gobi bluescreen

I'm not sure exactly when the bluescreen occur in your case since you didn't include any details, but i can confirm that i have a bluescreen problem with the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 as well. I have all the latest drivers/BIOS from Lenovo and the latest version of access connections. When i switch from a wireless profile to mobile broadband i get a bluescreen. Seems like it happen pretty late when the mobile broadband profile is applied so might be when AC try to turn off the wlan radio. For some reason it doesn't happen if i try right after a reboot. Also it seems like it neither happen if i disable the radio of the wlan adapter before i switch to the mobile broadband profile in AC.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on a W510 witht the Q820 CPU. So far i have not found a solution to this problem and i have not tried without AC to see if the problem go away. At the moment i just turn off the wlan radio before switching profiles and seems like that workaround fix the problem. This is not a solution, but a workaround until fixed.

-gan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors