cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
mnoble2
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-06-2010
Location: Los Angeles
Views: 5,192
Message 1 of 13

W510 Left Speaker Not working

Hi, first post.

 

My left speaker isn't working.

 

Headphones work correctly.

 

Running 64bit windows 7.

 

 

erchn
Paper Tape
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-28-2010
Location: California
Views: 5,032
Message 2 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

 


@mnoble2 wrote:

Hi, first post.

 

My left speaker isn't working.

 

Headphones work correctly.

 

Running 64bit windows 7.

 

 


 

Same here.  It happened after updating my driver from Lenovo's site.  Anyone have an idea?

 

d3mia7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎02-13-2010
Location: Vancouver
Views: 4,992
Message 3 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

At least you have ONE speaker, both of mine are dead!! Smiley Sad

Jimbo
802.11n
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎10-26-2008
Location: Los Angeles
Views: 4,984
Message 4 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

You might check this thread:

 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W510-Heating-up-while-OFF/td-p/203530

 

and make sure you're not noticing heating anywhere on the left speaker grille when the computer is plugged into AC power but turned off.

 

jzrlenovo
Serial Port
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎02-24-2010
Location: brooklyn
Views: 4,977
Message 5 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

hey, my friend, i have the same issue with my new T410.

 

you can see my problem in this post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T410-keyboard-doesn-t-keep-up-to-my-typing-...

 

the headphone word well , but the left-channel of sound device doesn't work. I just get my laptop for less than 2 weeks.

 

I've called lenovo and requied a service. 

 

what's your email ? i can share my problem with you.

 

 

erchn
Paper Tape
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-28-2010
Location: California
Views: 4,968
Message 6 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

 


@jzrlenovo wrote:

hey, my friend, i have the same issue with my new T410.

 

you can see my problem in this post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T410-keyboard-doesn-t-keep-up-to-my-typing-...

 

the headphone word well , but the left-channel of sound device doesn't work. I just get my laptop for less than 2 weeks.

 

I've called lenovo and requied a service. 

 

what's your email ? i can share my problem with you.

 

 


 

The post you show there has nothing to do with speakers.

 

jzrlenovo
Serial Port
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎02-24-2010
Location: brooklyn
Views: 4,965
Message 7 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

sorry, i may give the wrong link, but i can post it here. 

 

my left-channel of the sound device just don't work . I've check every properties of my sound device and the smartaudio in control panel, and even reinstall my OS, even have a linux installed in the T410.  the L-channel of sound just don't work . 

erchn
Paper Tape
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-28-2010
Location: California
Views: 4,958
Message 8 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

 


@jzrlenovo wrote:

sorry, i may give the wrong link, but i can post it here. 

 

my left-channel of the sound device just don't work . I've check every properties of my sound device and the smartaudio in control panel, and even reinstall my OS, even have a linux installed in the T410.  the L-channel of sound just don't work . 


 

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's something physical.

 

jzrlenovo
Serial Port
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎02-24-2010
Location: brooklyn
Views: 4,950
Message 9 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

ThinkpadT400s
Punch Card
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎12-30-2009
Location: Canada
Views: 4,926
Message 10 of 13

Re: W510 Left Speaker Not working

Hi All,

 

I got my W510 last Friday, the speakers work fine, but the keyboard doesn't work well ...

Anyway, back to speakers, I checked the wiring of W510, see the picture:

 

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6636/w510wire.jpg

 

As you can see, I marked those wires which tied to CPU in yellow. The cover of those wires could easily melted by the heat from the CPU. That may cause short circuit.

 

I'm just guessing Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors