Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansumption
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,756
Message 11 of 88

Re: W510 Sleep issue

Thanks bananaman. So... where do I go for Lenovo support? I tried via their website, which redirected me via about 10 pages of forms on the IBM website, which I filled out, before finally trying to submit a support request - at which point it appears my model (Thinkpad W510) isn't supported by IBM.

ecarballo
Punch Card
Views: 2,658
Message 12 of 88

This issue was resolved on my machine when I ran Lenovo Updates today.  I suspect the upgraded Power Manager may have fixed the problem.

ecarballo
Punch Card
Views: 2,597
Message 13 of 88

I was wrong.  The problem is still happening on my laptop.

Joakim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,538
Message 14 of 88

I have this problem also.

It is extremely annoying. A lenovo technician will check it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes

tdegroot
Punch Card
Views: 2,465
Message 15 of 88

So, what did the techniian have to say? Did you get this problem resolved?

simonp
What's DOS?
Views: 2,426
Message 16 of 88

I tried several of the things suggested on this thread, including removing memory chips.

The only guaranteed way I have found to solve the issue is to uninstall the Lenovo Power Management Driver and the Lenovo Power Manager.

It's worked fine ever since.

Joakim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,409
Message 17 of 88

I never got a solution for this. Suggestion from support is to reinstall windows. I might do that but its to much work right now. I will try some other things before reinstall such as remove the power management

Joakim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,398
Message 18 of 88

Removing power management and driver didn't help at all.

I tried to close down all network and remove all usb connections. That have worked a few times now

ecarballo
Punch Card
Views: 2,382
Message 19 of 88

I suspect the problem cannot be fixed on machines in which it occurs.  In my case the problem is occuring when I install RAM module in the number 2 slot under the keyboard.  I went so far as to purchase RAM certified by Crucial to be compatible with the W510.  If I send the laptop to Lenovo, I think they will say that 3rd Party RAM is not supported.  The only way to get the problem fixed would be to purchase the over-priced Lenovo-certified RAM, which would either take care of the problem or take away Lenovo's ability to say that unsupported RAM is the problem.  It is also difficult to get the Lenovo repair facility to understand the problem, as it seems to occur mostly/only when the Laptop is running on battery alone.  My first experience with Lenovo is that they are a shady vendor.  I'm sure for all of those thousands of customers that don't encounter a problem with their new machines that they perceive Lenovo to be great, specially as their machines are formidable.  Regardless, the bottom line is that if you happen to be one of the unlucky, you will find that Lenovo quality is not the best.

Joakim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,362
Message 20 of 88

Still have problem. Will get hold of a new hdd today and do a factory reinstall.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors