Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subvertbeats
Paper Tape
Views: 2,711
Message 31 of 45

Re: W510 does not wake up when it goes into Sleep mode - Windows 7 Bit

FWIW, like others experience on Windows, resume from hibernate seems to work fine on Ubuntu here, its just the resume from Suspend that is problematic

subvertbeats
Paper Tape
Views: 2,691
Message 32 of 45

No further suggestions from Lenovo?

pmthomas7144
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,685
Message 33 of 45

the forum moderator (charged with keeping things civil) has mentioned that Jamesz has escalated this issue to someone/some department in Lenovo.  My cynical nature would suggest that the wheel is not squeeking enough to warrant a solution by Lenovo.  My guess is that they direct their efforts toward new hardware development and the code necessary to make it/them work. If this were a Toyota unexpected acceleration issue, it might receive attention.  But I suspect the bottomline is that this is a blip on the radar and not worthy of solution.  Given the relatively short life-expectancy of laptops, they have bigger fish to fry and this problem will fade into laptop history and the bit bucket.  (I hope this is civil enough that it won't be moved to the secure vault for bad-boys ;o)

Paul T

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 2,659
Message 34 of 45

This issue was initially raised to engineering however they weren't able to replicate the problem at their end so they have recommended customers to update the Lenovo drivers and Windows drivers.

Troubleshooting checklist

• BIOS version 1.38 and above -> Site
  • Hotkey 3.52 and above -> Site
  • Intel Chipset -> Site
  • Power Manager 3.62 and above -> Site
  • Power Management 1.62 and above -> Site
  • Video Drivers -> Site
  • Windows Update
  • If problem persist then do a factory restore.
  • If problem persist after factory restore, contact support and get the hardware checked.

Knowledge base article for this

//JameZ

nqn4774
What's DOS?
Views: 2,630
Message 35 of 45

I have the same problem. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit and it does not happen when I take the laptop off the dock. It only happen when the laptop is on the dock for a period of time. I also noticed the two USB port on the left side do not work. I upgraded BIOS, and it didn't fix the problem. I changed the power plan also didn't fix. What the heck?

pmthomas7144
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,627
Message 36 of 45

bummer on the USB ports!  That's a major hassle.  I'll try to be more observant relative to the dock.  I travel so much that it doesn't spend much time there.  I'm pretty hesitant to mess with anything since most of the problem is gone.  I've dumped ALL the Lenovo OEM stuff other than the Thinkpad active protection system, and I wonder if I really need that.

Are you running a clean version of Win 7 Enterprise?  That's what I'm using with all drivers provided by Windoze except the few from manufacturers (graphics and some Intel stuff).

Good Luck

Paul T

subvertbeats
Paper Tape
Views: 2,611
Message 37 of 45

JameZ

Im not sure how many times I can say it - this isnt a Windows specific problem.

I'm using Ubuntu.

Advice to update Windows drivers is irrelevant and useless!

Ben

Former Employee
Views: 2,599
Message 38 of 45

@subverbeats,

If took the time to go through the KB, you would see there is some advice to do a reseat of RAM, Use only 1 RAM or reseating the HDD. If problem persist, contact service.

//JameZ
subvertbeats
Paper Tape
Views: 2,576
Message 39 of 45

Are you an official Lenovo rep? Because thats a pretty rude response to a customer.

In the same tone that you replied.....

If you took the time to read my posts in this very thread, you would have seen this post from me:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W510-does-not-wake-up-when-it-goes-into-Sleep-...

which clearly states that I had followed the advice related to reseating the RAM, using 1 stick etc...all to no avail.

I will contact the IBM service desk and arrange for a replacement.

MarkMichaelis
What's DOS?
Views: 2,475
Message 40 of 45

Hi All,

I am having the same issue after updating the Bois and reinstalling Windows 7 and running Lenovo's System in order to update all my drivers.

Thanks,

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors