cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zamman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,398
Message 1 of 10

(W520) Dolby Home Theater V4 changed to Dolby Digital Plus after Realtek Audio Driver update Windows 8.

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded a W520 to Windows 10 with the Dolby HT installed. Of course it no longer works and the audio is horrible again, especially from the internal microphones.

Has anyone come up with a way to install the Dolby Digital Plus on the Conexant based systems? I really need the improved audio for my softphone ASAP.

Thanks.

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Moved posting to the correct Thinkpad forum

zamman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,186
Message 2 of 10

Re: Dolby Home Theater V4 changed to Dolby Digital Plus after Realtek Audio Driver update Windows 8.

Any suggestions? :-)

Thanks

PCFrost
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,071
Message 3 of 10

Re: Dolby Home Theater V4 changed to Dolby Digital Plus after Realtek Audio Driver update Windows 8.

@zamman wrote:

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded a W520 to Windows 10 with the Dolby HT installed. Of course it no longer works and the audio is horrible again, especially from the internal microphones.

Has anyone come up with a way to install the Dolby Digital Plus on the Conexant based systems? I really need the improved audio for my softphone ASAP.

Thanks.

I suggest that you ask this question in the right forum, which is https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-W-Series-Laptops/bd-p/tp07_en

Mod's Edit:  08/09/2015 Posting has been moved to the correct Thinkpad forum.

Lenovo Y510p user
damonlynch
Token Ring
Views: 4,030
Message 4 of 10

When I upgraded to Windows 10 I had forogtten to remove the Dolby Audio, so I had no sound at all!

Fortunately it is not hard to reinstall. You need to reboot having disabled the driver signature checking. Run the installer as per PeterTWJ's guide and you're good to go. If you don't disable the driver signature checking, the installer will fail and you're stuck.

zamman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,003
Message 5 of 10

Hi damonlynch,

So are you sating that if I completely unistall the Dolby drivers DHT V4 that I had on my W520 and disable driver signature checking, all will be good?

Because what I originally did was unistall the Dolby then instead of installing the Conexant drivers, I chose the Realtek from the W530. to see if it wuld work. I can get the DHT to install but when you reboot the compyer iy gives the error about not finding the driver and to reinstall or reboot the machine.

This seems a bit confusing just to be able to get this functionality back. :-)

By the way, what is the safest way to temporarily disable driver signature checking?

Thanks.

damonlynch
Token Ring
Views: 3,998
Message 6 of 10

This worked for me: choose the boot time option to start windows with driver signature checking disabled (google how to do this if you don't know how). Run the installer file as per Peter's instructions.In my case I didn't install any realtek drivers, and I wouldn't recommend it, because there might be a conflict. Dolby sound should start working right away.

zamman
Paper Tape
Views: 3,992
Message 7 of 10

Thanks. There are so many pages and threads, I cannot find the origibal instructions from Peter. I remember he used to have a preconfigured download with a install manual but that is no longer posted.

What I read about the driver signature checking, is you need to click on restart and shift at the same time to get to the choose an option screen, etc. Is that what you are referring to and can I turn it back on again by rereating that process?

Actually, I think you were referring through the boot menu after hitting F8, which I assume would be temporary unitil the next boot anyway. I guess.

Thanks

damonlynch
Token Ring
Views: 3,979
Message 8 of 10

It looks like Peter removed the files from skydrive. Just install the DTPC.msi file, during the install wizard check "Install content assets" and "Install driver: DHT (Release)" and you should be good to go.

And yes the driver signature checking is only temporariliy disabled, and depending on your boot options there are different ways to disable it. I have more than one O/S and I also run bitlocker so for me it might be different than your system.

zamman
Paper Tape
Views: 3,966
Message 9 of 10

Thanks. I think I may have saved the original files from Peter's post. I am checking now. I am going to unistall all drivers and Dolby that is on there now and start from scratch with driver signature checking disabled.  Too much rebooting.....

:-)

P.S. diasbling the driver signature checking did the trick.....Doiby Home Theatre is back in action----Thanks

sonny_pangjaya
Paper Tape
Views: 2,400
Message 10 of 10

hi, is that the same with dolby Advance audio v2 with lenovo g400s because I have the same issue here. I can't use my Dolby advance audio v2 after upgrade to windows 10. I don't know why it's still working with dolby advance audio. v2 of dolby sound much better that advance audio only

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors