Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadmus
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 1 of 3

W520 Power adaptor caught fire

I just had my W520 power adaptor cable literally burst into flame. I don't kow whether I'm more shocked by the fire or the customer support I have received thereafter. Technical support hung up on me after stating that the item has been out of warranty for 3 years. Thankfully, my other electronics of 3 years and older have managed to avoid going up in flames...

I would appreciate being contacted by Lenovo support or anyone that has ideas of how I can escalate the issue.

Stan

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 217
Message 2 of 3

Re: W520 Power adaptor caught fire

Hello cadmus, welcome to the community,

Sorry to have to read about your experience and would like to request that you call support again on 1-800-565-3344 and state you would like to report a possible safety issue. Once you have done this, regardless of whether or not you are able to open a case, could you please send me the following information by private message;

Date & Time of original call to contact centre;

Time Zone;

Full Name;
Telephone No.; +
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 184
Message 3 of 3

Re: W520 Power adaptor caught fire

Thank you Stan, I have received the information you sent and have passed this on to our CR team who will be reaching out to you soon.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors