Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 121 of 192 (1,891 Views)

Re: ThinkMix v2 Released! and more info to improve on sound!

Thanks!

Magnetic Tape
Message 122 of 192 (1,837 Views)

Re: W520 Sound Enhancement Thread

[ Edited ]
WOW! Thanks for all of your work ,but most of all your TIME. CVN76usn W520 4270-CTO i7 2820/ nvidia 2000/ intell 160GB SSD Drive 1920 /1080 FHD and/or All but modem and s card reader this is my 2nd Lenovo my other is a X301 2777-CTO it has it all 128GB ssd Drive as well , in 3 plus year's this CO has been very good to me and they have been the best , and I do mean the BEST. they have work very hard to work with and for me. writhing is a lost art for me..... help Sorry just mean that I do not spell very well and/or write well CVN76usn .
Guru
Message 123 of 192 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi CVN76usn

You are most welcome! Smiley Very Happy However, what you need us to help about? Writhing is a lost art for me? What do you mean? If it's other than the sound optimization, you could create another post regarding your concerns so that other people would be able to help you also. Smiley Very Happy

Peter

=============================================
Does someone post helps you? Give them a kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4!:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155...  

Fanfold Paper
Message 124 of 192 (1,700 Views)

Hi PeterTWJ,

Thanks for the time you're dedicating to this!

I just tried to install the Dolby Home Theater 4 following your instructions, but I immediately run into problems:

-removed all Conexant and Dolby programs/drivers

-rebooted

-removed High Definition Audio driver from Device Manager (it reappears every time I reboot)

-installed DTPC.msi

then I get this error: "Unable to start the Dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists."

I obviously did both, but no the message appears everytime I reboot.

Please help!

Ale

802.11n
Message 125 of 192 (1,694 Views)

Don't reboot after removing the conexant and high definition driver, also, when removing, check the box that says "delete installation files" or whatever it says, so that they can't reinstall. The only time I rebooted during the process was after installing the final Dolby driver, and on some computers I didn't even have to do that, it worked immediately.
Fanfold Paper
Message 126 of 192 (1,669 Views)

Installed.

Apparently the problem was with the High Definition Drivers, which were not completely removed after I uninstalled from Device Manager.

I couldn't find the box you mentioned, but instead of uninstalling I chose this time to disable them.

Installation went smooth and now they have been replaced by Dolby Home Theater.

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
Message 127 of 192 (1,668 Views)

Just for curiosity,

do these new drivers provide some nice feature for the mic, like keyboard filtering, noise suppression, etc?

I couldn't find any setting, but I remeber being some in the old drivers provided by Lenovo (not that I miss them, actually even the mic was not working at all producing only some random babbling...)

Guru
Message 128 of 192 (1,659 Views)

Hi ale_470

Thanks for reviving this threads. Smiley Very Happy Another good news is, our moderator Vijaysaradhi, installed and used it on his IdeaPad Y560 and he loves it. 

I would find time to install it on my other friends Lenovo system. As I have installed multiple times and unable to reproduce errors you all encountered.

Yes, there is keyboard filtering: (Fn+F6: ThinkVantage Communication Utility) - VoIP call settings, enable Lower my microphone volume while I am typing option.

For Microphone / Speaker Noise Suppression - Go to Sound, Microphone Properties, Listen, uncheck Listen to this device option.

Checking this option allows you to hear what you say / sing provided you have external mic / speakers (even better), internal mic and speakers are too close to each other, of course they would produce a lot of noise.
*If you have a karaoke system, turn on your microphone and put near a loudspeakers and see what will happened. (DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I will not be responsible for any damage or mishap.) You know what I mean... Smiley Very Happy 

In fact, Conexant or Realtek Noise Suppression may not work / be effective. I don't use it at all and my Skype experience was even better.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M1551... 

Guru
Message 129 of 192 (1,491 Views)

Feedbacks on ThinkMix

[ Edited ]

Hi all

For all existing ThinkMix v1 users. I hope you are able to have some time trying out ThinkMix v2. For those who have tried both, I would greatly appreciate your feedbacks between ThinkMix v1 and v2. Your feedback are great source of information for me to help everyone improve the sound experience. (Like your sound taste, etc.) 

1. Which one do you prefer? ThinkMix v1 or ThinkMix v2?

2. What is your favourite Profiles / EQ for your different favourite kinds of music / movie / games?

3. Do you hope for ThinkMix v3 with even better sound? or More types of Profiles for different taste / genre? 

4. Any other things you wish that it can be improved on it?

My own answer:
1. ThinkMix v2

Don't You (Forget About My Love) - Initial D. Using Loudness2 Profiles / EQ (Loud, Clarity)

If You Can Afford Me - Katy Perry. Using Balance2 Profiles / EQ (Bass, Depth)

3. It depends on you all.

Many Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Cheers! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

Punch Card
Message 130 of 192 (1,432 Views)

Re: Feedbacks on ThinkMix

Sorry but where's the link for Thinkmix v2?

W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M, 12GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD, FHD screen
Top kudoed Authors