cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RicardoS
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 1 of 2

W520 does not charge when plugged in (original adapter). When I connect my phone to USB, it turns on

Hello all,

I was using my battery power for as long as possible today. When the battery was almost discharged, I decided to plug in my adapter. However, it did not start charging. This happened before, but then I could just unplug my battery and disconnect the adapter, hold the on button for a while and then it would work again. Now this is not the case, and I do not know why.

When I (desperately) connected my phone using the usb port, it seemed like the laptop was drawing a little power for a short time (the lighting of the on-button does not even work, but when I plugged in my phone , the light went on for about 1 sec. Whenever I plug in my phone I can turn it on for 1 second.

I am wondering what the problem could be? I am sure that the socket provides current, so I imagine it could be something within the adapter (my battery worked fine, until it had no charge left). Ofcourse my laptop gets warm sometimes, but I do not think I burned any of the circuits, because I think (not sure) this would imply that also my battery power could not be used in that case.

Please help me out if you have any info, I am working on my Master Thesis in Switzerland (I am from NL), so I really need this thing to work.

Have a great day and hopefully somebody is able to help me.

Ricardo

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 82
Message 2 of 2

Re: W520 does not charge when plugged in (original adapter). When I connect my phone to USB, it turn

Will the laptop run off AC if there is no battery?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors