Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nene_4284
Token Ring
Views: 1,852
Message 1 of 4

W520 samsung ssd 840 evo 500Gb: 2100 Detection error hdd0

Hello everyone.

I'm having random problems with my new disk Evo 500 Samsung 840 Gb The error I get is, "2100: Error detection on hdd0".

I searched the forum responses to this error and can not find a solution to the problem. Apparently this error is due to the compatibility dell disk controller which uses "Samsung 3-core MEX Controller" with the team (W520 82844DG). I do not know if this is true and if you have easy solutions.

Some of you can provide me a solution or a hint to solve this problem Thanks.

sballut
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,623
Message 2 of 4

Re: W520 samsung ssd 840 evo 500Gb: 2100 Detection error hdd0

Have you been able to figure this out.  I'm looking to upgrade either to the Samsung SSD 840 Evo or the Crucial M500.  Please let me know if the Evo ended up working well for you.

coolrat
Serial Port
Views: 1,597
Message 3 of 4

Last month I replaced the internal 500gb Seagate drive that I was using in my W520 for over a year with a new Samsung 840 EVO SSD drive. From the moment I installed it, I faced endless BSOD crashes of every manner.

I had migrated my OS from the original drive, but it became so unstable, it would no longer boot. After a clean reinstall of Windows 7 professional, the BSOD crashes continued. Running Windows Update and Lenovo Update literally dozens of times to install hundreds of updates brought the system to some level of stability. But it continues to crash on a daily basis.

Today's crash upon starting up the system stated "Memory Mangement" problem. Other times it is "bad_pool_header" and myriad other issues. Running the latest version of Samsung Magician does not seem to have resolved much and the system still continues to crash regularly when running more than 2 or 3 programs. Thunderbird and Firefox tend to crash dozens of times a day.

A user facing similar problems posted here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Intel-SSD-530-startup-problems-on-ThinkPad-W5...

At first I thought this might be related to viruses or malware and bought Weboot SecureAnywhere and Malwarebytes and scanned my system with a dozen tools. Its most definitely not infected.

After reading several posts online about problems with Thinkpad W520 and SSD drives, I'm convinced my problems are related to the Samsung 840 EVO I installed. 

Does anyone else have this ongoing BSOD problem or know how to solve it? I'm at wits-end with such an unstable system.

Nene_4284
Token Ring
Views: 1,585
Message 4 of 4

Hello coolrat

First, the problem is different from putting to me that I had. If you I can confirm that as of today and after having performed a clean install of the OS with a windows original disk and install drivers one by one to find out what it was that gave me the problem, I can say it works perfectly and I have not had any blue screen and not the machine hangs. Everything works correctly.

The steps I have taken were:
1 Install the latest bios actulizacion
2 Formatting the hard drive.
3 Install the OS from original disc windows
4 Install drivers one by one.

And ready, running until this day. I suggest before you do anything you have on hand in a flash drive or DVD the most current and essential drivers such as, lan, vga, usb 3.0, etc..

Hopefully this will serve to solve your problem.

A greeting

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors