Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

554 Posts

06-30-2011

Gibraltar

1350 Signins

3952 Page Views

• Views: 3952
  • Message 1 of 4

W520 warranty status is not updated

2011-07-25, 17:24 PM

I got a new W520 which says it has the wrong warranty. I have the invoice saying I paid for the NBD 3 year service.  I have spent 2 weeks trying to get Lenovo to fix the warranty, and still no joy. 

Lenovo support say they dont deal with warranies, and I would need to contact their warranty dept by email: thinkpls_we@lenovo.com.  Goodby. Buck passed.

You can try this email, but be warned these guys take at least 3 days to reply to any email, so a simple conversation takes weeks.

Their final email was that although I bought the w520 direct from the lenovo website, this is actaully managed by one of their suppliers, not lenovo, so I have to contct them.  Goodby.  Buck passed.

So I still dont have the warranty I purchased with the unit, and the HW has already failed.

Good luck with yours.

My next thinkpad will be a dell.  Their support and warranties just work.

Options

1022 Posts

01-07-2011

Sacramento, CA

550 Signins

8462 Page Views

• Views: 8462
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: W510 warranty - Validity confirmation!

2011-07-25, 21:16 PM

wrote:

I got a new W520 which says it has the wrong warranty. I have the invoice saying I paid for the NBD 3 year service.  I have spent 2 weeks trying to get Lenovo to fix the warranty, and still no joy.

It takes 2-4 weeks for the upgraded warranty to appear in the system. Support should have been able to handle this for you, when I called about mine not showing up they transfered me over to IBM who had me email a copy of the invoice to them.

EDIT: Even though your warranty is not showing up in the automated system it is in effect. The reason for this is because IBM handles the warranty extensions (from what I understand). All you need to do is call the number for your country from the list below and provide proof of purchase to have your system serviced under the extended warranty.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-4HWSE3

Mod edit: changed document URL to point to new support site

Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

Malaysia

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

• Views: 219550
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-07-27, 7:57 AM
eos,

JDay was right. It usually takes about 2 weeks to show up in the list. His suggestion is worth to give a try too by sending the copy of receipt to service guy.

Anyway, do you mind to send me a private message along with your details and i'll see what i can do. No guarantee but at least let me give it a try.

Full name
Machine type model
Serial Number
Email
Scanned copy of proof of purchase clearly show your serial number, date of puchase, extended warranty purchase.

Thank you.

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

554 Posts

06-30-2011

Gibraltar

1350 Signins

3952 Page Views

• Views: 3952
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-08-01, 12:03 PM

I have sent everthing requested, including the invoices, the order confirmation emails, the warranty registration email with the purchase order number, authorisation number and pin code.  Ive PMed Cleo  with a complete summary ongoing warranty troubles.

I have been given very little information, I have no idea what the problem is, nor how long I might have to wait to be able to use it to fix my machine if at all.

It has now been more than 6 weeks since purchase.

It is getting to the point where I have spent so much time chasing this up, it would have been cheaper to buy a second laptop instead of the warranty. 

The joke on us is that the Ts and Cs state that the waranty starts on day of purchase, even though it can take weeks (or months) to atucally be able to use what was purchased.  I dont know if this is deliberate ploy by Lenvo, perhaps to delay or compress the first months worth of returns of new machines with problems, or its just an incompetent process/system.

I'm not sure what to do at this stage - get legal advice?  Send the whole order back?  Anyone beein in a similar situation?  How long and how much effort does it usually take to get an updated warranty purchased with the machine direct form Lenovos website?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms