Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-16-2013

United States

31 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 5

W530 Color Calibration Issue

2013-02-16, 19:37 PM

Every month I re-calibrate my display using the COLOR by PANTONE Color Calibrator (v1.1.0).

I tried doing it today and kept getting this error, even though the tone for successful calibration always goes off:

Link to picture

I'll try to calibrate the screen once, but it will fail.  When I try a second time, it will also fail, and give me the error seen above.  If I try a third time, I finally get the three failure tones and the software simply closes itself.

Is this a hardware issue?  A driver issue?  Are there any solutions for this?  

Recently updated my computer.  Windows 7 64-bit.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Answer
Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Views: 33643

Re: W530 Color Calibration Issue

2013-02-17, 23:49 PM

Hi again, crmichae

What updates have you recently done to your machine? I did some research and found two highly relevant updates for your machine in general, and this issue more specifically. If you haven't already updated them, I found drivers for both your BIOS and the your graphics card that  have been released recently and are a good place to start with helping this issue. The graphics driver can be found here and the BIOS can be found here.

Hope it helps. Let me know how it goes,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Replies(4)
Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2013-02-17, 22:14 PM

Hi, crmichae

This could be a software or driver issue. What machine type and model do you have? Also, how long have you had this machine and been able to recailbrate without issue?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

6 Posts

02-16-2013

United States

31 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-02-17, 22:56 PM

Hi Gamloi7,

I have a ThinkPad W530, Intel Core i7-3820QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16 GB RAM.  I've had this machine for six months, since the end of last August.  Up until now, I've been able to recalibrate perfectly.  

Please let me know if you need more info on the machine, thanks!

Answer
Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-02-17, 23:49 PM

Hi again, crmichae

What updates have you recently done to your machine? I did some research and found two highly relevant updates for your machine in general, and this issue more specifically. If you haven't already updated them, I found drivers for both your BIOS and the your graphics card that  have been released recently and are a good place to start with helping this issue. The graphics driver can be found here and the BIOS can be found here.

Hope it helps. Let me know how it goes,

Adam

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2013

United States

31 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2013-02-18, 0:20 AM
Yes, that did it! Thank you!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms