Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bstevenson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 1 of 3

W530 On screen graphics stuck after sleep

See the graphic of the backlit keybord control on the screenshot? It is stuck there after waking the machine from sleep mode. The only way to get rid of it is to operate the backlit function by pressing Fn + Spacebar. The graphic becomes stuck at that location rather than it's normal location at the lower middle of the screen. Almost as if the screen resolution changes during sleep mode and then corrects itself upon waking and leaves the onscreen graphic stuck Unit has all latest updates from lenovo. does it whether it is in Optimus mode or descrete graphics and doesn't matter if O/S is enabled or not. Started doing it after upgrading a couple of drivers like the Functions update. Graphics driver is the recoommended Nvidia Quadro K2000M (9.18.13.3302)/Intel 4000 (8.15.10.2725) from lenovo. Unit works like a charm other than this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Onscreen display software from lenovo (version 8.43.00). Running Win 7 64-bit O/S.

Any good ideas?

This is a full lcd screen screenshot after sleep, PhotoShop is just opened in the background:

Untitled-1.jpg

bstevenson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 364
Message 2 of 3

Re: W530 On screen graphics stuck after sleep

Does anyone know if the entries below the following registry key can be deleted to allow windows to re-create them? Apparently due to several nvidia drivers being installed and then uninstalled there are a lot of entries under this key of which I am sure one of them is causing my issue. I believe my issue is Windows is defaulting to an incorrect resolution immediately upon resuming from sleep. Within a millisecond or two the resolution changes to its correct value leaving the remnant of the backlit keyboard control graphic. It is a really strange problem because occasionally it will rearrange the desktop shortcuts. Got to be a registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

I mistakenly installed a Nvidia driver from the Nvidia site. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the lenovo driver. Apparently every single monitor configuration connected to each driver ever installed is represented here. I do not know if Windows will re-create all of them or if there has to be one there, such as the SIMULATED_10DE_0FFB.....

Any ideas or first hand knowledge?

bstevenson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 352
Message 3 of 3

Re: W530 On screen graphics stuck after sleep

Apparently this is the registry key that initiates during sleep mode. I changed the PrimSurfSize.cx and the PrimSurfSize.cy to the native resolution (1920X1080) of the laptop's LCD (it was set to 1440X900). Now upon resume from sleep I still get the graphic stuck onscreen but it's position is correct (lower center) AND my desktop shortcuts do not rearrange themselves. One problem fixed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\SIMULATED_10DE_0FFB_00000001_00000000_100110^#unique number

Any ideas as to why only that certain on screen graphic (keyboard backlight/lamp) "gets stuck" until it is accessed again (Fn + Spacebar)?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors