cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stepinsky
Punch Card
Views: 624
Message 1 of 4

W530: Reading battery cycles / battery management (Win 10 1607)

I was trying to read the chraging cycles of my battery, but I didn't find any software which was able to provide this information. Lenovo settings app and the the new version of Lenovo Solution Center don't display any information regarding the battery. Some people mentioned, that settings app should be able to set charging levels and to display battery info. But there's actually no battery settings menu available.

I was trying some other software, but it seems to be impossible to access charging cycle registers.

Is there any solution for proper battery management on Win 10 anniversary?

p600
Broadband 3G
Views: 615
Message 2 of 4

Re: W530: Reading battery cycles / battery management (Win 10 1607)

Lenovo Settings app (3.120.0.0 according tothe About box) displays battery cycles count in "Power Status" tab/Show details on W10 1607, on both P70 and W520 that I have around.

Battery charge threshold is setup on the same tab.

Stepinsky
Punch Card
Views: 585
Message 3 of 4

It's working now

Thanks for your help.

After another reboot, the settings app is showing some more tabs. Yesterday there was no power tab available, despite I did a reboot after installing the app. There had been just some useless tabs for controlling stuff like brightness of the screen. I was even about to remove the app, because there was no functionality, which wasn't already available via hot keys and system settings.

I'm not sure what was necessary to get those new tabs, but finally I have full access to all battery functions now.

Stepinsky
Punch Card
Views: 507
Message 4 of 4

Restarting the app solves this issue

I had the same issue with another Thinkpad. After installing all the prerequisites ("system interface foundation" and "settings dependency") you have to reboot. Afterwards you start the Lenovo settings app and close it. On the second start of the app the battery tab will be visible. Strange.

On the L520 there's no option for re-calibrating the battery (yet?).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors