Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomasu
Paper Tape
Views: 796
Message 1 of 4

W530 and mSATA detection error

I bought a 120G Crucial M500 mSATA ssd a while back and have been seeing fairly consistent boot errors saying it can't detect the ssd. This is my boot/root drive, and the laptop runs fine for days/weeks at a time without problem.

Which is odd, because I can boot off that ssd just fine after pressing escape to ignore the error. Sometimes from a cold boot it doesn't happen, but pretty much 100% of reboots result in that error message.

Is there a way to fix this? It's rather annoying to have to babysit the laptop on boot.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 776
Message 2 of 4

Re: W530 and mSATA detection error

Hello and welcome,

Have you checked with Crucial?  I had similar-sounding issues with an M4.  Sometimes the SSD is slow to come on-line due to internal house-keeping work.

Perhaps there's a firmware update or work-around.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Tomasu
Paper Tape
Views: 760
Message 3 of 4

Last time I looked there wasn't a firmware update for the m500, but there is now. I've updated and it seems to have fixed the problem I was seeing.

I was just assuming it was some artificial limitation lenovo likes to implement to prevent installing 3rd party hardware.

Thanks for replying and reminding me to re-check for a firmware update Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 756
Message 4 of 4

If/when you determine that the problem is fixed, please come back and mark the thread "solved". 

Regards,

Z.

[edit] typo

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Top Kudoed Authors