Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-28-2013

Canada

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 4

W530 and mSATA detection error

2013-09-28, 13:18 PM

I bought a 120G Crucial M500 mSATA ssd a while back and have been seeing fairly consistent boot errors saying it can't detect the ssd. This is my boot/root drive, and the laptop runs fine for days/weeks at a time without problem.

Which is odd, because I can boot off that ssd just fine after pressing escape to ignore the error. Sometimes from a cold boot it doesn't happen, but pretty much 100% of reboots result in that error message.

Is there a way to fix this? It's rather annoying to have to babysit the laptop on boot.

Answer
Options

9471 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78177 Signins

2248605 Page Views

• Views: 2248605

Re: W530 and mSATA detection error

2013-09-28, 14:21 PM

Hello and welcome,

Have you checked with Crucial?  I had similar-sounding issues with an M4.  Sometimes the SSD is slow to come on-line due to internal house-keeping work.

Perhaps there's a firmware update or work-around.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

9471 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78177 Signins

2248605 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2013-09-28, 14:21 PM

Hello and welcome,

Have you checked with Crucial?  I had similar-sounding issues with an M4.  Sometimes the SSD is slow to come on-line due to internal house-keeping work.

Perhaps there's a firmware update or work-around.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

09-28-2013

Canada

11 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-09-28, 16:00 PM

Last time I looked there wasn't a firmware update for the m500, but there is now. I've updated and it seems to have fixed the problem I was seeing.

I was just assuming it was some artificial limitation lenovo likes to implement to prevent installing 3rd party hardware.

Thanks for replying and reminding me to re-check for a firmware update :)

Options

9471 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78177 Signins

2248605 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-09-28, 16:05 PM

If/when you determine that the problem is fixed, please come back and mark the thread "solved". 

Regards,

Z.

[edit] typo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms