cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swanscn
Punch Card
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

W530 latest BIOS and other driver update issues specifically Error COde 10 on all USB disk drives

Ever since updating my BIOS I have had issues with all my USB connected Diskdrives, these include thumb drives IOMEGA devices as well as a SSD in a drive toasted. ALl worked before the updates BTW, all of these device work in other machines also. I have tried different ports I have connected them to the ports on the docking station as well as the PC. THe USB ports work they just do not like disk drives at this time.

I have tried all of the following:

WIthin Device manager delete all of the USB devices , reboot and let them get re built.

Witihin device manager do as above then delelte infcache.1 file from windows/system32/driverstore and then reboot, this requils the infcache driver still no good.

Now I am considering usinag a older USB driver from the Lenovo webbiste.

Mabe someone on this board can offer some additional suggestions, one that is not a option is re-install windows.

Guru
Views: 200
Message 2 of 4

Re: W530 latest BIOS and other driver update issues specifically Error COde 10 on all USB disk drive

Try checking in a bootable Linux environment to see if it happens there. If it does, it's probably the BIOS, which you can revert to an earlier version. If it doesn't happen, try installing the latest Intel chipset package as found from Intel's Download Center.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 198
Message 3 of 4

Re: W530 latest BIOS and other driver update issues specifically Error COde 10 on all USB disk drive

what os? I am running the latest bios and latest usb drivers on my w530, and have had no usb problems. I am running windows 8.1 64-bit.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
swanscn
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 4 of 4

The OS in question is Windows 7 64Bit Enterprise edition. As to booting Linux I do not have a Linus disk to even try that from. I do however have a older drive with a previous image of windows 7 on it from this machine. I intend to install that drive and see what happens. THis should establish this as a WIndows isuee(if everything works) or as a BIOS issue (if they continue to not work).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors