Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radedeepak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,263
Message 1 of 6

W530 suddenly died

Today morning my W530 suddenly died. Till yesterday it was working abosultely fine with no issues. I checked the power adapter and it is showing 20.5 V , so power adpater is also good.

When I press the power button I see green light around the power button for 2 seconds and the light goes off. I disconnected the battery, pressed the power button for 30 seconds, removed the hard drive, removed the memory module nothing is working. I do not see the fan running etc. 

I do not hear any sounds, beeps. Please can you suggest what could be the problem ? 

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak Rade

dlbishop
Paper Tape
Views: 1,211
Message 2 of 6

Re: W530 suddenly died

on thing tha did it for my old W500 was the USB port was "broke" and the metal pins in the port would short out.  Once the pins were seperated it started up. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,204
Message 3 of 6

I would disconnect everything I could - battery, CMOS battery, memory, HDD, DVD - everything that might be shorted.  Then plug it in and see what happens

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
radedeepak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,201
Message 4 of 6

How would I find what is getting short ? One night before it was working perfectly fine suddenly in the morning it is dead. I did not connect anything. I just tried to power on.

Yesterday i removed Memory, HDD, Extra HDD cady, CMOS battery, Internal SSD and connected it again. Still the issue is same. 

One more point I would like to point out that my battery is allmost dead. Will battery cause shorting ? I also tried removing the battery and connected the power still the issue is same.

Thanks for your help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,194
Message 5 of 6

If it behaves this way with everything disconnected, the problem may be the motherboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
radedeepak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,126
Message 6 of 6

I went to Microcenter and they informed me that motherboard is dead. I bought 2 lenovo laptop in 6-8 years and both have the same problem exact after 4 years, motherboard dead.
Next time, Lenovo will be my last choice of laptop as my both laptop are dead.
Cost fof replacing motherboard is insane i.e 900+ dollars.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors