10-22-2014 09:42 AM - edited 10-23-2014 08:00 AM
I have been troubleshooting an issue with my W540 and Ultradock for over a month now.
The issue is that the display port will not recognize my Monoprice 27" monitor. This same monitor was working previously with my W520 and a different dock (ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3) through the same display adapter. The current monitor will work on the DVI port, but I obviously can't get the full resolution of the monitor without the display port adapter.
So far I have tried:
1) Updating the drivers of the laptop
2) Updating the drivers of the dock itself to 2.22
3) Power cycling the monitor with the PC connected, not connected, etc.
4) Switching between Standard/Advanced mode in the BIOS
5) Nearly every iteration of monitor detection in the screen resolution settings
6) Changing cables, adapters, and display ports
What is different in my scenario (based off of the other issues I've seen with the Ultradock and W540) is that the monitor is never even detected under any circumstance through the display port. Device manager never sees it, nor does the normal monitor detection procedure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12-03-2014 06:26 AM - last edited on 12-03-2014 12:17 PM by NateS
I am about to throw this in the trash... It's now defaulting my DVI port monitor to 640x480 without the option to change it.
Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.