Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbixby
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 1 of 3

W540 lenovo thinkpad battery life

Hello, I have bought a new 56++ battery for my lenovo W540. The battery life is atrocious. About 1 hour and I'm at 50%

power plan for battery is balanced. 30 day standby is on. battery charge threshold is off. 

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 252
Message 2 of 3

Re: W540 lenovo thinkpad battery life

Hi billbixby! thanks for posting in our community. The battery life will depend on what application you are using and the hardware processes running while using it. Also, check the power settings you have including the brightness, wireless connection at bluetooth. You can check more details in this link http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/6-easy-ways-to-extend-your-laptops-battery-life

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

walidus
What's DOS?
Views: 94
Message 3 of 3

Re: W540 lenovo thinkpad battery life

I understand your pain.
In comparision to battery life from reviews it sucks.

I got 2/3 capacity of the bigger battery and I get 2h of watching a movie with full battery saving settings.

Lenovo doesn't care that important battery optimizations have stopped working since many years. It's easy to say that Windows 10 is not supported for W540. I got problems with battery for 3 years. My friend with W541 claims the same.

Once I've fix it: https://blog.ww86.eu/os/2016/10/30/windows-core-parking-saving.html
I were reaching almost 5h !!!

After few Windows updates I got again 2h Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors