Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tactmedic
What's DOS?
Views: 1,148
Message 1 of 1

W540 thunderbolt port Issue with minidp adapter

Hi !

I have a W540 20BG-CT01WW Laptop since 2 years. He was originally on Windows 8. In November, I upgrade to Win 10 and have issues with 100% disk usage at startup for st least 5 minutes. Today, I tried for the first time the thunderbolt port with a MiniDP to HDMI dongle. Nothing happens. I tried twi different HDMI cables on two different TVs with the same issue. I update all my drivers from nvidia and intel, BIOS and Intel management. After updating the graphic drivers with the files on Lenovo website specific to my serial number, I was able to copy and extend to the tv. After unplug the dongle and plug it back, I wasnt able to reconnect the TV. I read a couple of forums about this type of problems, I uninstalled all the drivers, set the bios display to advanced, reinstall all the drivers again. When the laptop finished to reboot, i heard the sound when I connect a new device and I was able to use the tv as second monitor. It was working well until I reboot the laptop. Now it's not working at all and even if I uninstall all the drivers again and follow the same steps nothing works.

I also install the thunderbolt software

Can somebody helps me with this issue ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors