cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julianh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 454
Message 1 of 2

W540 with ultra dock display port out not working with dell U2713H?

I have a W540 and ultra dock, have been using it with a U2713HM and sometimes also a U2412 on the dock's displayport outs, no problem. 

I just bought a 2nd U2713H (2nd hand - I wanted them to match, thoughHM and H models are subtly different), and for the life of me I CANNOT get the new monitor to work with either DP output on the ultra dock...  (just by itself, using either port output and either of 2 cables I have... while the original 2713HM works either display port out with either cable) basically windows shows a 2nd monitor is attached, and at the right resulution... and the monotor shows that it knows it's plugged in, but claims it's not being sent any video. so it's just black...

But I did get it to work via DVI cable out of the dock(though at limited resolution) 

And I did get it to work with the miniDP out on my actual W540 using an old mini DP to DP connector (while also using the dock's displayport out with my other U2713.

Can someone let me know what on earth is going on?? While it's releiving to at least be able to see my new monitor running alongside the old one for 2 x 2560x1440, I need that port on my laptop free for other purposes (it's a DP/thunderbolt port and I use it for thunderbolt too!) so I need this fixed or I have wasted money buying a 2nd monitor..

julianh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 410
Message 2 of 2

Re: W540 with ultra dock display port out not working with dell U2713H?

So.... does anyone know why this wouldn't be working??

Or do I just have to chalk it up to "magic" and go buy some other slightly different verion of the monitor in the vain hope that it will work?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors