Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Excalibur
Fanfold Paper
Views: 563
Message 1 of 3

W540 won't wake up and no nvidia gpu, also W541 motherboard in W540

I just recently bought a W540 and have the same wake up issue. Most solutions suggest to install an old Intel GPU driver, however the old driver is either missing or won't install on Windows 10. I tried the oldest driver that supports Windows 10 and the issue presists.

I also cannot find nvidia graphic card in Device Manager. I also tried lspci in Ubuntu but the result is same.

It seems that some people fix the wake up problem with a motherboard replacement. If there is no software solution to those 2 issues I have to go this way. I'd like to know if I can install W541's motherboard in W540's chassis. They look very similar and use the same hmm.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 509
Message 2 of 3

Re: W540 won't wake up and no nvidia gpu, also W541 motherboard in W540

If you recently bought it, can it be returned?  My guess is that the previous owner put a T540p motherboard with intel graphics onto a W540 case.  (that will fit)  A W540 board would have 4 memory slots.  Is that what you have?

I haven't tried a w541 MB in a W540, but I would guess that it would fit.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Excalibur
Fanfold Paper
Views: 479
Message 3 of 3

Re: W540 won't wake up and no nvidia gpu, also W541 motherboard in W540

Thanks for your reply. It has 4 mem slots and there are 4 pcie lanes reserved for thunderbolt, so I'm pretty sure that is a W540 motherboard.
I just found out that my laptop is still under warranty so I'm letting those guys to figure out. However they told me my laptop has no nvidia gpu since it's a custom build. I'm not really buying this so can we get some Lenovo employee to check this for me please? The machine type is 20BH-S0CP00.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors